Mobile Wireless Bluetooth Speaker - Available in Black & Silver
Free Delivery to the UK
2 Years Warranty
AWARD WINNING DESIGN
ADVANCED AUDIO STREAMING
10 hour battery life
HANDS FREE CONFERENCE CALLING
connect via bluetooth v4.0 technology
FM RADIO WITH BUILT-IN AERIAL
15w of stereo power
"A PORTABLE, EASY TO USE SPEAKER COMBINING EXCELLENT SOUND QUALITY AND USEFUL FEATURES"
The perfect executive speaker for working or relaxing
Soundbook is our small yet powerful, portable Bluetooth wireless stereo speaker that's ready to play when you simply open the cover and in seconds you'll be amazed by the crisp, clean audio from such a compact, beautifully designed device.
Soundbook performs brilliantly with incredibly rich sound and also works both as a speakerphone and FM radio, perfect for whether you're on the move, in the office or at home.
Soundbook streams audio from MP3 Players, Smartphones, Tablets, Ultrabooks, PCs and Notebooks, using advanced Smart Bluetooth 4.0 which also works with audio players with V2.1 or later Bluetooth. The one-touch auto pairing from any NFC-enabled device makes connecting to Soundbook fast and simple. Designed for today's mobile lifestyle, Soundbook lets you enjoy up to 10 hours of streaming on a single charge.
Soundbook is designed for clarity and precision. A pair of neodymium driver units with added depth courtesy of a 2-inch bass radiator, all substantially engineered in aluminium casing and a ballistic nylon flip cover/stand, make Soundbook both solid and practical.
Streaming music through your phone doesn't mean you're out of reach. Soundbook will switch to conference-call mode automatically when a call comes in, and resume playing when you're done. So whether you're in the office, park or even preparing supper in the kitchen, your music and calls are wire-free, hands-free and hassle-free. In addition, we have included the ability to enjoy a higher grade of sound quality if your media player supports aptX.
Up to 10 hours wireless music or more with radio/AUX
Simple pairing in seconds with Smart Bluetooth v4.0
External aluminium and ballistic nylon casing
Hands-free conference calling with auto switch to music
Integrated FM radio with built-in aerial
Auto connect/pairing with Smartphone's or tablets with NFC support
Advanced audio streaming over aptX
Works with Apple iOS, Android or Windows based devices
Available in two colour options
Amplifier Power Output: 15W Stereo
Drive Units: 2 x 1" long throw neodymium, 1 x 2" passive bass radiator
Frequency Range: 80Hz to 20 kHz
Bluetooth: Bluetooth - a2dp music profile with aptX + hands free profile
Power input (charger) voltage: 100V - 240V ~ 50 / 60 Hz
Battery Life: > 10 hours
Inputs: 3.5mm Aux audio jack input, Bluetooth 4.0 aptX (built in), FM radio (built in), microphone (for hands-free calling)
Outputs: 3.5mm audio output for connection to other speakers or headphones
Auto Connect / Pairing: One touch connect and disconnect with Bluetooth 4.0 or integrated NFC
Dimensions: 160mm wide x 88mm tall x 38mm deep
Packaged Weight: 1.16Kg
Net Weight: 0.57Kg
Bluetooth Version: 4.0 (pairs with devices back to version 2.1) with aptX
Profile: A2DP, HFP
Effective Range: 10m (30 feet)
Power: USB mini B
What kind of audio sources can I use with Soundbook?
Soundbook is designed specifically for use with today's most popular Bluetooth devices, including Smartphone's, tablets and laptops. In addition, Soundbook includes an auxiliary input for connection to an MP3 or similar portable player.
How do I start pairing?
- For simple and secure pairing your audio device must be in close proximity to Soundbook - within a range of 1 metre.
- Turn on Soundbook
- Press the power/input button until BLU is displayed
- Go into your Settings, select and turn on Bluetooth. Scan for new Bluetooth devices and nominate 'Bayan Soundbook'. You will not be prompted for a pass code for pairing. (Note: Bluetooth audio connectivity can vary between devices so it can be useful to firstly check your audio source user manual for pairing instructions if you're not sure)
How do I connect by NFC - Automatic PaIring?
- Turn on your audio source and unlock the screen
- Make sure that NFC is enabled in the Settings on your audio source
- Touch the back of your audio source to the back of the front cover of Soundbook where the NFC logo is located - you will be asked to confirm that you wish to connect and pair with the Bayan Soundbook - select Yes/OK.
- You can disconnect by simply touching your audio source again to the back cover of Soundbook.
Why is my mobile phone not connecting?
- Already Connected. Soundbook will automatically connect to the last device used (if it is in range). If you want to connect to an alternate audio source, switch Bluetooth off on the connected device, then pair/connect with the alternate audio source.
- Make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your phone.
- Try it again (Turn Soundbook off and on again)
- Remove 'Bayan Soundbook' from your audio device (in the Bluetooth settings) and pair your phone again
How can I tell if my Soundbook is already connected to an audio device?
The BLU display has a small dot showing at the bottom of the letter U. If this dot is flashing then NO current device is connected. However, if the dot is continuously shown with no intermittent flashing then a device is already connected.
How many audio devices can be paired to my Soundbook
A maximum of 4.
What is the wireless range of the Soundbook
Generally Soundbook will work within 30 feet of your paired Bluetooth device.
There is no audio coming from Soundbook
- Already Connected. Soundbook will automatically connect to the last device used (if it is in range). If you want to connect to an alternate audio source, switch Bluetooth off on the connected gadget, then pair/connect with the alternate audio source.
- Make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your phone.
- Adjust the volume on both your speaker and Bluetooth device. NOTE: On a Bluetooth connection, the volume on the speaker is independent of the device. To obtain maximum volume both the audio source and Soundbook volumes need to be turned up to maximum.
What is the playing/charging time of the battery?
A fully charged battery provides up to 10 hours of continuous playing time. (Note: this can vary depending on volume levels and music genre) The first time you use your Soundbook, let it charge for 12 hours to make sure the battery is properly conditioned. After that, an empty battery will usually take 3-4 hours to charge. When the battery is low Soundbook will detect this and the word LO will show on the front display.
How do I charge my Soundbook?
- Connect the USB cable to Soundbook
- Plug the USB power cable into the supplied AC mains power adapter, and plug this into a mains outlet.
- A red light will emit from the USB connection, changing to green when Soundbook is charged
My bluetooth device keeps disconnecting from my windows Vista / 7 / 8 computer
- Go to CONTROL PANEL
- Go to MORE SETTINGS
- Search for BLUETOOTH and Bluetooth options will appear under DEVICES AND PRINTERS
- Select CHANGE BLUETOOTH SETTINGS
- Select the HARDWARE TAB
- Select the GENERIC BLUETOOTH ADAPTER
- Click the PROPERTIES button
- Click the CHANGE SETTINGS button
- Select the POWER MANAGEMENT tab
- Uncheck the box that says "Allow the computer to turn off the device to save power" and OK your way back out.